Saturday 21 November 2015

Microgreens make a light dessert


I'm not sure what to write today. It's just one of those days perhaps- when you sleep/ stay up through the night trying to crack a dessert idea, settling to put your big girl pants on and JUST DO IT! (Cc Shia lebeouf)

My recent trip to a market in New Delhi landed me some elusive produce- inclusive of passionfruit, sage, and some nice micro greens. I was really hoping to do something simple yet surprising,  but this was to be churned out in under an hour  (I have to study math first thing in the morning usually, this was some respite). In a way, it turned out to be special in its own right- a part of it felt almost salad like, against the very existence of dessert with all the freshness and acidity in there. The mousse pulls it back to the ground.

As per usual, I was very keen on skipping chocolate to bridge together Beetroot micro greens to the yuzu and chestnut mousse; coffee and kinako seemed like my best shot (which it turned out to be, was).

During one of the weddings this year, I was served some passionfruit with black salt. It was hands down the best thing I ate all week, especially with its lesson in simplicity. Sensing the need for cold, I took my sakte passionfruit and froze it- resulting in a nice and crunchy ice disk. The black salt really makes an impact.

On a side note: enoki mushrooms are the vegetarian meat noodles of this world.



Yuzu and Chestnut Mousse, Frozen Passionfruit with black salt, Beetroot Microgreens, Kinako and Coffee crumble

No comments:

Post a Comment