Saturday 17 October 2015

Okay is okay- churros and friends

I apologise. The title is misleading. It's just that friends sounded better than friend.
So my childhood friend is in town and wanted something fruity and... Cool I guess.
With not much time (literally half a day) I pulled out my secret stash of inspiration. These 'a la minute' (or should I say a la jour) are usually not complex to understand. Stemming from a insufficiently provocative idea, these light and fluffy churros were an excellent vehicle to test out some new things- commercial yogurt and a hot Phirni espuma.
A little bit of yuzu in the pomegranate gel did wonders in elevating the flavour. I simply froze some pomegranate seeds for an instant granita. Such a simple thing I've ignored all my life!
I guess at times, simpler things are okay by me.


Grapefruit yogurt sherbet, hot phirni espuma, pomegranate yuzu gel, frozen pomegranate seeds, churros

No comments:

Post a Comment